Before you can post in the Trade Feed or communicate with other collectors for the first time, you must agree to the Topps Apps Community Guidelines. These guidelines are in place to make the Topps App Collecting experience great for everyone.
Violating one or more of the policies may result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban (depending on the case).
- Topps App moderators adhere to a “Three Strikes” policy in most cases and are constantly keeping an eye on the feeds. Fans can help keep a good atmosphere by flagging comments, reporting offending users (via user profile > Report), or reporting the bad community member to the Topps App Customer Support team.
- Consistent abuse of these community guidelines, and/or abuse over multiple accounts, will not be tolerated and will have appropriate action taken.
3 Strikes You're Out
- Fans can surface issues in Topps Apps by flagging user comments. Three unique flags on one account will alert the Moderation team for review who then may enact a suspension if the flags are warranted.
- For example, COLLECTOR_1 can flag three comments from COLLECTOR_10, but COLLECTOR_10 may not be suspended. If COLLECTOR_1, COLLECTOR_2, and COLLECTOR_3 all flag COLLECTOR_10's comment, they may become suspended for an infraction.
- Card Trader’s “Three Strike” policy also applies to Fan suspensions themselves. A first suspension is for 24 hours and the second is for 3 days, while the third suspension is a permanent ban.
- Note: The above "three strikes" policy is a courtesy provided to collectors and can be revoked for repeated infractions or extreme abuse.
- Believe you were wrongly suspended? Reach out to the Card Trader team for help, we’re all ears. Be warned though, false complaints or issues will not be taken lightly and could also be grounds for action. Abuse of Card Trader’s social media spaces could also be a cause for moderator actions.
NO HATE SPEECH
- Do not use racial slurs
- Do not use slurs against someone's sexual orientation or gender
- Do not engage in religious discussions that could be deemed derogatory
- Do not use violent language or threaten other fans
- No trolling, rude comments about artist work
Note: the use of hate speech will result in a permanent ban.
NO SCAM TALK
- Do not promise another fan a promo code (only Topps issues promo codes)
- Do not impersonate a Topps employee or claim to speak on behalf of Topps
- Do not share your password with other fans or ask for passwords in return
- Do not promise to give coins to other fans (only Topps issues coins)
- Do not offer to give access to your account- accounts are non-transferable
- Do not offer to trade someone something in exchange for sexual images.
- Do not promise someone a card or set of cards and then not trade them those cards.
- Do not post the same message over and over again in the same thread
- Do not post one letter posts
- Do not make trade offers or auction in News articles; stay on topic
- Do not send the same trade offers to the same fans over and over again
- Do not gang up on other fans
- Do not stalk fans across News or Trade Talk
- Do not threaten a fan with being reported to Topps in an effort to coerce trades or other actions
- Cursing, derogatory terms, racist comments, and other like comments are not allowed.
- Should another fan begin cursing or bullying you, please do not engage them. Instead, report them immediately in-app so that our Moderation team can review the issue.
- No offers to sell fan accounts or cards in public areas.
- No offers to sell cards or accounts for Monetary Value (USD or other currency) or 3rd party currency (i.e. iTunes or Amazon gift cards)
- No advertising of other apps that are not affiliated with the Topps Company or partners.
- Any fan comments found to mention secondary market trading or 3rd party currency will be removed and can result in action being taken against the account.
- Any third party website linking to a "hacking", "free coins, "Free cards" website will result in action taken against your account.
- Spamming" offers in private channels or bullying, harassing others to purchase cards or accounts will result in action taken against your account.
- One account per device. If multiple accounts are found on the device they will be banned without warning.
- No creation of 'dummy accounts' created solely to cycle cards or awards
- Use of emulators to access the app is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent, non-reversible ban of your account.
- Topps does not support or condone cross-trading between apps, and it is done solely at the risk of both traders.
- No creation of 'dummy accounts' created solely to cycle cards or awards. Please remember that awards can not "stack" and can only have one per account.
- While it's fine to trade with friends and family, multiple lopsided trades where only one account consistently benefits from the trades is considered cycling and could lead to a permanent ban on any and all involved accounts.
- No 'hoarding coins' with the sole purpose of cycling cards or awards.
- Do not give out personal information including your password or registered email address.
- No sexual content is allowed within the app. This includes sexual conversation, images, suggestive language, role playing, and any other sexual referencing.
- No creating 'dummy accounts' or duplicate entries for entering in-app contests.
- No creating 'dummy accounts' or duplicate entries for entering social media contests.
Have a problem with another fan? Contact us, don't start a fight!